cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of 2.2 - Continuing?
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:01:06 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>whats the current status regarding the tree processor in 2.2?

Stalled... I don't have much time for it now...

>As the tree processor is the central component that is required to run cocoon and as we
currently just can't start 2.2 to test/implement anything else, I think we should see that
we get a runnable 2.2 asap.

>What do you think about just installing the tree processor from 2.1? This version should
work in 2.2 and while someone is concentrating on the treeprocessor for 2.2, all others can
start with whatever they want (e.g. blocks).

+1.

We should move the current state of the 2.2 treeprocessor to another
package and reinstall the 2.1 one so they can live their lives in
parallel. This will also allow us to switch between one and the other
until the new one is considered stable.

AFAIR, the main obstacle with the current treeprocessor regarding
Fortress was the use of Recomposable. Removing this dependency isn't a
hard work and I can do it rather quickly.

For the new processor name, I was thinking about "componentized
processor" (because all statements are component declarations) or "flat
tree processor" (because the tree is flattened). What do you think?

Sylvain