cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moved ParanoidCocoonServlet to its own block
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:07:13 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>BTW, you can even start cocoon from within eclipse and you don't need the cli anymore.
You simply configure Jetty as an application in eclipse, build cocoon ones (and the eclipse
project) and then invoke build eclipse-webapp-prepare that corrects the roles file and deletes
all jars from within the WEB-INF/lib directory. That's it and you simply only use eclipse
from that point on.

>For one stuff I create new projects, that simply depend on the cocoon project

That's an interesting approach also, as all work happends from Eclipse.
However, lauching "cocoon servlet-debug" allows to start the application
independently of Eclipse and attach the debugger only if needed.

So both approaches have their pros and cons depending on the kind of
roundtrip that's needed.

Is there some special setup required to launch Jetty from Eclipse?

Sylvain