cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Naming of "-dev" libraries
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:30:03 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed that all development version of libraries are now named
"-dev.jar" with no indication of the date as we had some time ago.
Although it is certainly convenient for the updater since it avoids
deleting/adding a jar and modifying jars.xml, it's absolutely not
convenient for users who cannot distinguish between different dev
versions built a different dates.

Was there a discussion about this that I missed, and if not, what do you
think of using "-dev-yyyymmdd.jar" names?

Sylvain