cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixing store design (long) (was Re: CocoonForms server sizing?)
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 23:10:57 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

>>This is a subject which is itching me badly: cocoon.xconf is way too big. We should
remove every component definition that has the default built-in values (eventually leave them
as comment) to simplify this frightening configuration file. The same applies to web.xml.

>Oh, I thought Fortress and blocks solves this all...

Mmmh... they should make the files organized differently, but the
problem will remain I guess.

Hips! Go to http://www.champagne.fr/ ;-)

>while answering mails and trying to blog), I really like it to see all possibilities in
the xconf; otherwise you have to look into the code :(,

Well, this should normally be described in the docs... "the what?" do I
hear ;-)

>but ok, perhaps uncommenting theme is a solution but makes the file not less frightend
I fear. And if you're afraid of such a file, don't touch it...

Yeah, but sometimes you have to touch it. Consider Vadim's remark that
max-object="100" is for the _sample_ config file. How many people take
this sample xconf file and use it as is on their production servers,
because they're afraid to break something by touching it?

Sylvain