cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:21:54 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

>Upayavira wrote
>

>>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>

>>>Upayavira wrote:
>>>
>>><snip/>

>>to include

>>sitemaps mounted

>>>Mmmh... is it good to mix prefix-based and host-based mounts in a
>>>single matcher?
>>>

>>Don't know/don't mind. I'd be happy to have a HostTableMatcher that
>>extends/works with the MountTableMatcher. My desire/need is to see a
>>system that enables me to do host based matching. I could
>>happily have: <map:match type="host-table"> .... </map:match>
>><map:match type="mount-table"> ... </map:match>
>>

>Instead of using a host-header specific approach you could also opt to do a more general
match on a user defined parameter. I use that approach in my sitemaps as well:

><map:select type="parameter"> <!-- o.a.c.selecting.ParameterSelector -->
>  <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test"
>value="{request:serverName}" />
>  <map:when test="myhost">
>  </map:when>
></map:select>
>
>This means you match on any string that is obtainable from an input module.
>
>I imagine the syntax in this case to be something like:
>
><mount-table>
>  <mount
>    pattern-to-match="myhost"
>    value-to-compare="{request:serverName}"
>    src="..."
>    uri-prefix=""
>  />
>  <mount
>    pattern-to-match="woody-samples"
>    value-to-compare="{requestURI}"
>    src="..."
>    uri-prefix="woody-samples" />
><mount-table>
>
>Notice that you would also be able to do a 'normal' mount match.
>
>Maybe we could even say that when pattern-to-match and value-to-compare attributes are
missing the implementation defaults to using the uri-prefix to match against.

Hey, hold on! Are the above use cases _really_ useful? We should not
reinvent a "sitemap lite" language for the sake of the genericity of
mount tables!

Sylvain