cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:18:28 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> [...]
from the host selector. This means that you can set up  virtual hosts in the matchtable.xml
file, and have sitemaps mounted based upon hostname.

>>Mmmh... is it good to mix prefix-based and host-based mounts in a single matcher?
>>

>Yes, why not? It may be better than ending up with two different mount table files.

That's precisely the point: I don't like mixing virtual hosts and URI
prefixes mounts in the same mount-table.

IMO, virtualhost-based mounts are at a higher level in the processing
chain than prefix-based mount, i.e. you'll very likely have one
virtualhost mount table and per-host prefix mount tables.

Sylvain