cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignore "annotations" namespace in sitemap?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:21:56 GMT
Timothy Larson wrote:

>--- Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>We talked about this at the GT and today again on irc, the goal is to
>>allow structured comments in sitemaps, for example:
>>

><snip example/>
>

>>The TreeProcessor would ignore everything in the annotations namespace
>>(Sylvain suggests adding a filtering XMLPipe just after the parser that
>>reads the sitemap file).
>>
>>Suggested namespace is http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/annotations/1.0
>>
>>WDYaT?
>>

>+1 to the concept and the namespace.
>
>I would also like to see any top-level elements outside the sitemap namespace be stripped
by the filtering XMLPipe.
>This would allow other "files" to be embedded in the sitemap and extracted using a common
stylesheet.  When dealing with small files this could reduce the file count terror I sometimes
feel with Cocoon.

Uh? What kind of "files" do you want to embed?

>PS: Don't tell anyone, but really I would like to do it the other way around; use a stylesheet
to extract the sitemap from a composite file and be able to use the cocoon: protocol in map:mount.
 This is a "little" drastic, so I am saying it very very quietly :)

IMO, this is a better approach than embedding "foreign files" in the
sitemap. Just use a "cocoon:" to filter out these foreign things and
you've got a clean sitemap.

... or embed them in a <note:application-data> element!

Sylvain