cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Doco needs landing
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:01:01 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>>David Crossley wrote:
> My concern was not necessarily that Forrest should be doing it,
> but rather that Forrest was born to do that, then lost its people,
> then had to modify its dreams. Let us get it right this time.

Well, this is not exactly how I see it. Forrest lost its people? Where?
What happened IMHO is that the frontend part was so "big" to do properly
that Forrest had to simply concentrate on that. The rest came by itself,
and we are still concentrating on that part. With afterthought it seems
logical that there is a core group that concentrates on what Forrest now
is doing.

> The initial proposal was copied to many different
> lists and it is hard to follow.

Hmmm...

> You say "land here" .... Where? In Cocoon? Is it just a block maybe?

Till I see it, I really can't say.

In any case, this is Stefano's tentative. If it fails (and I don't think
it will), others can easily try again. If others want to give him a hand
say so, and he will surely use some help. Personally I don't have time
and motivation to do what he is doing, nor the skill actually, so from
my POV whatever he does is ok, and I'll just see what to do when it
"lands". I could see a problem if/when others want to actively help but
even after asking him cannot, but I don't see this happening.