cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From sean.coyle.nonemplo...@pnc.com
Subject Offline Cocoon execution
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:21:25 GMT
Gang.

I have some questions and I am hoping that one of you can point me in the
right direction.  I have been researching the Cocoon framework, and am
extremely interested in leveraging it to perform offline content
transformations.  We currently have 2 systems running, one is our main
application residing on a Solaris platform, the other is a document
assembly/transformation system that is running on a Microsoft platform
within a separate JVM.  My hope is to have Cocoon running within the
document assembly system.  Why is the assembly system on a Microsoft
platform?  The content management suite exists on these servers and they
have a ton of processing power that is not being utilized to the max.

Here are the thoughts on what I would like to accomplish:

Route all requests to the document assembly system through a Web Service
call.  The request would be to enter a particular transformation pipeline.

Our transformation pipelines require us to merge XML based content with
system data to generate merged PDF documents.

Once a document has been assembled, it is to be uploaded into a content
management system, then sent via email to the appropriate recipients.

I want to leverage the Cocoon Serializers and Generators that are part of
the framework, yet we are not looking to use the framework for dynamic web
page transformation/creation.  Should I be looking to use the CocoonBean
class?  Is there any documentation, tutorial, or mail archive I can look
through that could assist me?  Is Cocoon the right framework, or should I
be looking to create these assembly pipelines with Avalon?

Sean.
scoyle@bearingpoint.net
sean.coyle.nonemployee@pnc.com

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have
no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender.
Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender.