cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source CocoonSourceResolver.java
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:08:28 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > From: unico@apache.org [mailto:unico@apache.org]
> > >
> > > unico       2003/12/27 07:10:22
> > >
> > >   Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source
> > >                         CocoonSourceResolver.java
> > >   Log:
> > >   - tag quotes don't work
> > >   - also play excalibur SourceResolver role
> > >   - remove cyclic dependency declaration (Fortress chokes on it)
> > >   FIXME: now that a component can play multiple roles do we
> > still need
> > > the customResolver dependency?
> > >   (Carsten?)
> > >
> > I haven't followed your commits and changes :), can you
> > expand a little bit on the problem?
> >

> No real problem, just that declaring a dependency on a component of the
> same service type as the declaring component makes Fortress complain
> about a cyclic dependency. So I removed it.

Ah, ok.

> My question is that I am not sure what was the intended purpose of the
> customResolver. And given the fact that we now have *one* resolver
> instance playing both roles of excalibur sourceresolver *and* cocoon
> environment sourceresolver, whether that code is still necessary, or
> that the customResolver field is meant for something else.

Unfortunately, Cocoon requires a special (own) source resolver, so you
can't simply configure your own version of an excalibur sourceresolver
withint Cocoon. This would break the cocoon source resolving :(
However, in order to support this very rare case, you can tell the
CocoonSourceResolver to use internally your own component (and this
is the customResolver).

Carsten