cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Problem with CVS of Cocoon-Documentation & an AuthoringQuestion
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:26:30 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Then why have Cocoon and Forrest blundered for this long
> with the way things are. There must be a good reason.
:) yes, I'm interested to hear this reason as well.

> Also if people are working with Cocoon documentation, then
> they already have the DTDs with the distribution.
Of course, but where in the dir structure? And we really like
moving things to the "correct place", so the place of the
dtd can change as soon as we find out, that the "correct place"
is now a different one.

> Here is an alternative. We could go back to having the hard-coded
> ../../dtd/document-v10.dtd type of System Identifiers and set up
> the entity resolver to have a catalog at the top-level of xdocs.

Okay.

> That is preferable to retrieving a mass of DTD stuff across
> the network every time that someone looks at a document.

I could continue with playing the d.a. and say "if everyone uses
a resolver, the network isn't used" :) But you're right, perhaps
using the old "../../" is the way to go for now.

Carsten