cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Fixing store design (long) (was Re: CocoonForms server sizing?)
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:59:45 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Mmmh... We currently have:
>       String PERSISTENT_STORE = ROLE;
> wich should be:
>     String PERSISTENT_STORE = ROLE + "/PersitentStore";
>
> A 20-character lazyness :-/

Yepp :( But don't forget the cocoon.xconf where you have to configure
a third store! So, you know now why I was lazy when defining those
interfaces! (Sorry for the mess!)

> Yep, but the current default is Store.TRANSIENT_STORE store, and I want
> to change this to "normal" Store.ROLE. This allows to have an adequate
> behaviour without having to explicitely declare the cache in cocoon.xconf.

Yes, +1!

> This is a subject which is itching me badly: cocoon.xconf is way too
> big. We should remove every component definition that has the default
> built-in values (eventually leave them as comment) to simplify this
> frightening configuration file. The same applies to web.xml.

Oh, I thought Fortress and blocks solves this all...

Seriously (I should stop drinking champaigne (champain?) while answering
mails and trying to blog), I really like it to see all possibilities in
the xconf; otherwise you have to look into the code :(, but ok, perhaps
uncommenting theme is a solution but makes the file not less frightend
I fear. And if you're afraid of such a file, don't touch it...

Carsten