cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: EnvironmentHelper not changing context
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:35:38 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I am trying to get sitemap mounts to work in 2.2 but am running into a
> problem with context changing. It seems
> EnvironmentHelper.changeContext() is not working for me. I find it
> difficult to understand how exactly to use the EnvironmentHelper. In a
> child processors should I construct an EnvironmentHelper with the child
> processor's parent's EnvironmentHelper? How do the EnvironmentHelper
> prefix, lastPrefix and context member fields get initialized? Should I
> call changeContext(String,String) for that?
>
> Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated :-)

Hmm, it's long ago...ok, I completly rewrote the environment handling
and tried to make it cleaner and faster. Unfortunately, I could never
test/run it, so there might be many bugs in it!
I think, the basic idea is to have on EnvironmentHelper per sitemap.
A helper of a sub sitemap should be initialized with the parent helper, yes.
And the component has to be initialized using the usual Avalon lifecycle
interfaces, so you have to use the lifecycle helper or the ContainerUtil.

As soon as Cocoon 2.2 is startable (with only a main sitemap) I can have
a look at it and find possible bugs. What's the status?

Thanks
Carsten