cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] Interest in unified code convention
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:38:36 GMT
Le Jeudi, 11 déc 2003, à 18:00 Europe/Zurich, Ross Gardler a écrit :

> David Crossley wrote:
>> As we discussed in the other "Whitepace" thread [1] there are
>> many issues with this, so we need to tread carefully. Imagine
>> that someone was doing major work on a certain component. When
>> they do a 'cvs update' then they would get massive cvs conflicts.
> > [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106843997700002
>
> ...how about formatting code once a code freeze is in place for a
> release.

<slightly-paranoid-today>

I like the idea but there's a *slight* risk that reformatting might
introduce bugs. I suggest either:

a) reformatting when the code freeze starts but *before* everybody
starts frantically testing stuff before the release (we all do this
don't we?)

or

b) reformatting right *after* the release to give us time to find
potential reformatting bugs.

</slightly-paranoid-today>

-Bertrand

--
   Bertrand Delacretaz
   independent consultant, Lausanne, Switzerland