cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hugo Burm" <hu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject RE: Selectors for Woody FormManager and BindingManager
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:04:51 GMT

Agree. I now must dynamically build the XML form- and binding-model and then
feed it back into a parser, which doesn't make sense.

> > Thus the CustomFormManager builds the <wd:> Form definition
> model from the
> > files above, The CustomBindingmanager builds the <wb:> binding
> model. The
> > generator generates SAX events and inserts the cached <wt:> templates.
> >

> hm, you might consider using the woody-generator in stead
>
> in fact, as a first step into supporting the above described stuff I'm
> well into attemptig to revive the use of the generator for woody ...
>
> my plan is to separate the current woody-template-transformer from his
> configuration features so that separated class can be used from the
> generator as well
>
> as such I hope that future updates on the possibilities of the
> transformer will more naturally flow back to the generator as well?
>

> wdyt?

I was already looking at the generator, because I want to combine inserting
the templates and doing the first tranformation step. So it will be a good
thing if the generator is kept in sync with the transformer.
If you are going to refactor the transformer, have a look at that long
if-then-else statement in <startElement> and <endElement> and think about
what is going to happen when more types of widgets arrive...

Hugo