cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.0 broken by XindiceEmbedded
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:58:20 GMT

On 10 Dec 2003, at 02:41, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> And to answer on your another email, even if xindice 1.1 final is
> released, it still won't talk to xindice 1.0. So, what would you do in
> this case?

When xindice 1.1 final is released, we have a valid reason to include
it in Cocoon. However, I get the impression that a 1.1 release is not
very likely in the next 6 months or so. What we've done is break the
ability to use the existing release with Cocoon, which is bad.

It also seems like conflicts with Xalan mean that xindice 1.1 won't
work in Cocoon anyway.

Is there any reason why we shouldn't put the 1.1 stuff on hold? Or
maybe split xmldb into xmldb, xmldb-xindice-1.0, xmldb-xindice-1.1 ?

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Orixo alliance:

View raw message