cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [OT] How's "Saxon" like?
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:30:23 GMT
On 22 Dec 2003, at 15:25, Nicolas Toper wrote:
> Le Lundi 22 Décembre 2003 16:19, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>>
>>> I was wondering if some of you guys had experience with Saxon...
>>>
>>> Since I like its object model better than Xalan's, and I'm working
>>> on a
>>> couple of projects requiring direct access to an XPath
>>> implementation,
>>> I just wanted to doublecheck that I'm not going down a awful
>>> buggy/slow
>>> road.
>>
>> Our experience is exactly the opposite: Saxon is in many environments
>> more than twice as fast than Xalan!

That's great... I was just wondering if I was going to be hit by a
massive performance problem, or nasty XPath bugs, but it looks like
you're happy with it (so, if something doesn't work in my app, it's my
fault) :-)

> I agree it is faster and it handles other "cool things" as cool
> extension.
> Besides, even it is not yet a recommandation it implements XSLT 2.0
> spec.

That I don't care much about... I just need XPath, and a decent object
model for applying XPaths to sets of XML documents. And if you look at
Xalan's DTM, it's a NIGHTMARE...

Cool, Saxon 7.8 is then... Thank you guys!

	Pier