cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Mac Laptops
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:32:14 GMT

On 7 Dec 2003, at 19:00, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> I still have present the Stefano projection in 8 or more hours for
> converting to DIVx a 45 mins long conferences of GT2003. This is not
> the
> case on my Intel crap. I did a similar work with a 90 minuts video
> with an
> old AMD crap and it was a matter of 2 hours. Maybe the cheap RAM of my
> AMD
> crap allow doit faster. Saving me 3 hours of the 8.77 hours I waste
> restarting Linux. So I can not care about the 2 minuts of the Linux
> start.

Antonio, cut the crap.

I *had* an intel machine for all my life. It a fancy Sony VAIO and when
it came out it rocked. But now I will not go back not even if you gave
me an intel machine for free, I sware to god.

As for the math above, I was forced to use stinking DivX just because
you people wouldn't be able to support a serious video coded without
having quicktime installed. And with quicktime, I could have encoded
the thing in a breeze.

If the DivX plugin is piece of shit on mach-o, that's not apple's
fault. Besides the 8 hours included the firewire importing, the video
cutting, preprocessing and postprocessing.

On linux, you wouldn't even know where to start to do those things.

> Stefano would save time and money with an Intel crap with more RAM.

Stefano knows what's good for him better than you do, dude.

I don't tell you what to run, I'm just stating my opinions and fighting
against misinformation about people bitching about something because
they don't know how to use it.

But at the end, choose whatever make you happy and I'm happy. I don't
give a shit if Apple sells another machine or not.

--
Stefano.