cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 19:43:37 GMT
On 7 Dec 2003, at 17:03, Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu wrote:
> * Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> [2003-12-07 13:56]:
>> On 6 Dec 2003, at 01:22, Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu wrote:
>>> * Tony Collen <colle006@umn.edu> [2003-12-04 15:56]:

>>> Cookies will work. So will SSL.
>>
>> No they won't when those are created by sessions. The servlet
>> Container
>> will set a cookie for the "/cocoon/" path... Since the web application
>> is proxied to "/" instead of "/cocoon/" the browser WILL NOT pass back
>> the session ID to the server...
>
> That's bad.
>
> There is a note here:
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/faq/faq-configure-environment.html#faq-
> N10005
>
> ...about setting cocoon to ROOT, and a very helpful Wiki entry:
>
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ApacheModProxy

Cocoon already ships with Jetty configured to be mounted under "/".
When proxying one should be aware of the possible drawbacks implied by
the process.

> Would it be possible to write an Apache module that could translate a
> Jetty
> servlet session cookie?

I don't see the point. It's easier to mount the webapp under the same
URI prefix as which it is proxypassed to...

	Pier

BTW, when replying to a message on the list, reply to the list and
don't CC... Screws up all my filters.