cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of 2.2 - Continuing?
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:32:29 GMT

On 15 Dec 2003, at 02:57, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> From the answers so far, I get the perception that the overall feeling
> is to wait until the end of the year and perhaps then use the old
> treeprocessor if the new one is not finished by then.
>
> Is this right?

If you read the development phases I outlined in

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Blocks

we are currently at the end of phase 1.

When the end of phase 2 is reached, development can progress in
parallel and the block deployment tool has a lot of code to be written
but no direct dependencies on cocoon.

It would be quite effective, IMO, to have a block
create/publish/discovery/download/install/configure system *before* the
actual cocoon tree can use it.

I was going to bootstrap that effort and make mouths salivate enough to
get people to dive into the cocoon-2.2 tree... but I've been sucked in
in so many other things :-( [as usual]

My personal suggestion to those who have itches to scratch for real
blocks is to continue those development phases which I designed to
maximized development parallelization.

--
Stefano.