cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.0 broken by XindiceEmbedded
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:52:53 GMT
Hi,

On 10 Dec 2003, at 11:58, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Xindice works with embed driver, so I don't understand why xmlrpc will
> not work.

Xindice 1.0 or 1.1? My xmlrpc problem is trying to access a Xindice 1.0
resource.

>  I've not tested it yet, but I'll come to it too. (are you sure that
> the problem is with xalan, not xerces?)

I was referring to Upayavira's thread on xindice-users where he says:

> Problem is, if I'm using Xindice in embedded mode within Cocoon, both
> Cocoon and Xindice share an endorsed folder, but need different Xalan
> and Xerces jars.

I've not got as far as establishing what the problem is.

> I'm working on set of xindice samples. Obviously, this will not be
> possible with 1.0 as it does not has embed driver, only remote one.
> And time to 1.1 release will depend on success of those samples.

That would be good - it will definitely benefit the xindice project to
have it deployed within cocoon and to have samples readily available.
But ....

>> Or maybe split xmldb into xmldb, xmldb-xindice-1.0, xmldb-xindice-1.1
>> ?
>

> -1. It is not *that* hard to replace xindice jar file with the version
> you need.

I know it's not difficult, but the default behaviour of Cocoon (i.e.
working with xindice 1.0 without any changes required) has been changed
in HEAD. This is a bad idea as we don't know how many people are using
the latest stable release of Xindice with Cocoon.

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/