cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source CocoonSourceResolver.java
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:10:51 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > >
> > > From: unico@apache.org [mailto:unico@apache.org]

> > > still need
> > > >
> > > I haven't followed your commits and changes :), can you
> > > expand a little bit on the problem?
> > >

> > No real problem, just that declaring a dependency on a component of
> > the same service type as the declaring component makes Fortress
> > complain about a cyclic dependency. So I removed it.
> >
> Ah, ok.
>
> > My question is that I am not sure what was the intended
> purpose of the
> > customResolver. And given the fact that we now have *one* resolver
> > instance playing both roles of excalibur sourceresolver
> *and* cocoon
> > environment sourceresolver, whether that code is still
> necessary, or
> > that the customResolver field is meant for something else.
> >
> Unfortunately, Cocoon requires a special (own) source
> resolver, so you can't simply configure your own version of
> an excalibur sourceresolver withint Cocoon. This would break
> the cocoon source resolving :( However, in order to support
> this very rare case, you can tell the CocoonSourceResolver to
> use internally your own component (and this is the customResolver).

So, a custom resolver is a custom implementation right? I mean, the
default excalibur implementation has no configuration, neither does
CocoonSourceResolver. Wouldn't it then - in this rare case - be better
to create a 'CustomCocoonResolver extends CustomResolver implements
o.a.cocoon.environment.SourceResolver'?

Unico