cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source CocoonSourceResolver.java
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:16:22 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> From: unico@apache.org [mailto:unico@apache.org]
> >
> > unico       2003/12/27 07:10:22
> >
> >   Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source
> >                         CocoonSourceResolver.java
> >   Log:
> >   - tag quotes don't work
> >   - also play excalibur SourceResolver role
> >   - remove cyclic dependency declaration (Fortress chokes on it)
> >   FIXME: now that a component can play multiple roles do we
> still need
> > the customResolver dependency?
> >   (Carsten?)
> >
> I haven't followed your commits and changes :), can you
> expand a little bit on the problem?

No real problem, just that declaring a dependency on a component of the
same service type as the declaring component makes Fortress complain
about a cyclic dependency. So I removed it.

My question is that I am not sure what was the intended purpose of the
customResolver. And given the fact that we now have *one* resolver
instance playing both roles of excalibur sourceresolver *and* cocoon
environment sourceresolver, whether that code is still necessary, or
that the customResolver field is meant for something else.

Unico