cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:47:10 GMT

Upayavira wrote

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
> > Upayavira wrote:
> >
> > <snip/>
> >
> >> If relevant, I've started extending the MountTableMatcher
> to include
> >> the code from the host selector. This means that you can set up
> >> virtual hosts in the matchtable.xml file, and have
> sitemaps mounted
> >> based upon hostname.
> >

> > Mmmh... is it good to mix prefix-based and host-based mounts in a
> > single matcher?
>
> Don't know/don't mind. I'd be happy to have a HostTableMatcher that
> extends/works with the MountTableMatcher. My desire/need is to see a
> system that enables me to do host based matching. I could
> happily have: <map:match type="host-table"> .... </map:match>
> <map:match type="mount-table"> ... </map:match>

Instead of using a host-header specific approach you could also opt to
do a more general match on a user defined parameter. I use that approach
in my sitemaps as well:

<map:select type="parameter"> <!-- o.a.c.selecting.ParameterSelector -->
  <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test"
value="{request:serverName}" />
  <map:when test="myhost">
  </map:when>
</map:select>

This means you match on any string that is obtainable from an input
module.

I imagine the syntax in this case to be something like:

<mount-table>
  <mount
    pattern-to-match="myhost"
    value-to-compare="{request:serverName}"
    src="..."
    uri-prefix=""
  />
  <mount
    pattern-to-match="woody-samples"
    value-to-compare="{requestURI}"
    src="..."
    uri-prefix="woody-samples" />
<mount-table>

Notice that you would also be able to do a 'normal' mount match.

Maybe we could even say that when pattern-to-match and value-to-compare
attributes are missing the implementation defaults to using the
uri-prefix to match against.

Unico