cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Arje Cahn" <A...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Apache-korea.org (Cocoon tools)
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:36:55 GMT
Just so you PMC guys know what happened.
I got a response from the Korean guy that runs cocoon.apache-korea.org. This is what he said:

	Dear Arje Cahn
	I'm Keyseon, Min.
	I am a korean undergraduate studing Cocoon and I am managing
	the site of cocoon.apache-korea.org.
	.... >snip< ...
	I thought Cocoon Sitemap Tracer don't be brought to completion.

(which is completely right :-) )

	.... >snip< ...
	The cocoon.apache-korea.org is translation site into Korean. I
	hope to help korean developer or user use cocoon easily. The
	cocoon.apache-korea.org is independent of apache.org up to now.
	.... >snip< ...
	I would like to contribute to cocoon.apache.org and implement
	program continuously for the cocooner.

Sounds ok. I've suggested him that it would be good to donate the tool to the cocoon.apache.org
group.

On the other hand....
"I hope to help korean developer or user use cocoon easily"
That's an alarm bell ringing.

Which leads me to the following question: what about a "tools" department for Cocoon? I know
there has been some talk of it, but what happened to it? Looks like Keyseon actually created
a seperate 'tools' department, apart from the Apache group, that should have been inside the
Cocoon site anyway.

Apart from that, what is the status of apache-korea.org?

Regards,

Arjé Cahn

Hippo Webworks
Grasweg 35