cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Holz <h...@fiz-chemie.de>
Subject Re: [OT] How's "Saxon" like?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:27:04 GMT
Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> writes:

> I was wondering if some of you guys had experience with Saxon...
>
> Since I like its object model better than Xalan's, and I'm working on
> a couple of projects requiring direct access to an XPath
> implementation, I just wanted to doublecheck that I'm not going down a
> awful buggy/slow road.

I am very happy with 6.5.3. Seems to be faster than xalan and more
robust. I switched to saxon, when xalan failed for very complex
stylesheets and never looked back. At some points its more picky
about stylesheets. E,g. <template match="node = $parameter">
was accepted by xalan but correctly rejected by saxon.
This may concern some logicsheets.

Martin