cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Xindice 1.0 broken by XindiceEmbedded
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 21:33:54 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to get a site that uses Xindice 1.0 running using
Cocoon 2.1 HEAD, and it seems that the recent changes in the xmldb
block have broken things :-(

As near as I can tell, there's a conflict between the two xindice jars.
With xindice-1.1b1.jar present as well as xindice.jar, I get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xmlrpc/XmlRpc
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.<init>(CollectionI
mpl.java:128)
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(Databa
seImpl.java:155)
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.
java:155)
         at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.collectionToSAX(XML
DBSource.java:263)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.toSAX(XMLDBSource.j
ava:200)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.parse(SourceUtil.java:
261)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:
141)
<snip />

I haven't yet figured out what's going on, but we might want to roll
back the xindice embedded stuff - xindice 1.1 is not released, and this
breaks compatibility with existing sites using Cocoon and the released
version of xindice.

Alternatively, has anyone got the two working side-by-side?

Thoughts?

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/