cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: can i temporarily disable mail delivery from this list?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:16:24 GMT
On Dec 24, 2003, at 11:32 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Do these stats also include "allow-subscribed" people ?

I would have to check with Ken who provides the ezmlm stats service,
but I'm not convinced that it would add up to something meaningful -
since there's a fair number of "one-post-wonders" in the allow database
(i.e. from crossposting, or change of email addresses, etc). Gmane
messes up these stats anyhow, I'm afraid. Add distro mirroring into
this equation, and it becomes rather difficult to measure the effective
growth (or decline) of a project's popularity (especially its user
community, since developers tend to be more physically present on the
lists - writing mails). That's where Sourceforge beats ASF in terms of
gauging project activity (although the activity stats of SF don't
represent that much valuable info of course).

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org