cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [Paranoic block] turning on and off
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 06:02:18 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> After more thinking, I came to the following:
> - add paranoid in blocks.properties
> - add a .xweb file that will add the relevant *comments* in web.xml
> indicating how to activate the ParanoidCocoonServlet, but leave the
> regular CocoonServlet.
>
> This way, people can completely remove it if they want, and if they keep
> it (the default), it is not activated.

This was my point from the beginning. If I need the block then I will
choose to include it, but if I don't need the block, why add more overhead
(another jar).

I will be glad to see the Cocoon core the smallest posible. The creation
of the paranoid block is a good idea. I will be glad to see another
blocks. For example a XSP block too.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo