cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/utilDomHelper .java
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:46:40 GMT
hm, this comes from the DOMHelper, right?
(a yes, the subjectline says so)

I remember a discussion in the office, way back when Bruno was working
up to a first commit-worthy version of Woody...

The decission was between using SAX or DOM for the building of the
form-model... the arguments at the time were basically:

- pro SAX: location information in the API to allow pointing out errors
in config files in error-messages

- contra SAX: no streaming required and more difficult then needed for
this type of thing...

he decided to use DOM, and get the location info from the xerces
specific implementation of DOM (there should be a line in there that
does that)

He's on holiday until monday and can verify then, but I'm pretty sure
memory serves correctly...

regards,
-marc=