cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Cocoon Ant Task
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:22:35 GMT
bernhard huber wrote:

>Hi,
>great work!

Thanks.

>i haven't tested the ant stuff right now,
>but i use the CocoonBean for launching Cocoon from some GUI,
>the GUI enables editing a cli.xconf file, and CocoonBean is launched
>from the GUI.

Is it public or closed source? I'd like to see it.

>I'm not finished yet with the GUI, as adding the new uris, and uri features
>to the GUI.
>

>Just one problem has popped up:
>using an URI like 'index.html?locale=en'
>CocoonBean goes into a loop trying to process
>'index.html?locale=en&locale=en....'

Have you tried running the bean in an IDE? You should be able to follow
the code through, particularly the Crawler class. Have a go and report
back. The bean does do some things with parameters (e.g. to ensure that
index.html?a=1&b=2 and index.html?b=2&a=1 are considered the same
resource). But all of the parameter handling code predates my
involvement with it, so I am not that familiar with how it works.

Glad to hear of another use of the bean.

Regards, Upayavira