cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Make continuation id available to all XSLTs
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:29:01 GMT

Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> writes:
>

>>Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

<snip />

>>On the other hand, I don't think that stylesheets generally need the
>>continuation id, and that always including it would make many
>>pipelines
>>non-cacheable when they actually are.
>>
>>As a conclusion, I think it's better to pass the continuation id as a
>><map:parameter> where needed...
>

> All right, I'll bite, how would you go about doing that?  That was my
> first thought but I couldn't find a way to do that...

hm. I thought there was an inputmodule for this.

I just checked the cocoon.xconf and found there a declared
JXPathMetaModule under the name "jxpath"

which lead me to believe something along the lines of
<map:parameter name="cont-id" value="{jxpath:$continuation/id}" />
would do it

but that doesn't seem to work :-(

delving in the code none of the modules seem to make the classic flow
parameters available (e.g. for comparison jxtemplate knows about
$continuation, $request, $session IIRC)

but maybe my understanding of modules is wrong to even expect this?

in any case, faster workaround might be to have the continuation-id
inserted earlier in the xml datastream (using jxtemplate, woody or whatever)

HTH,
-marc=