cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [HEADSUP] Cocoon Ant Task
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:20:14 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Upayavira dijo:
>

>>Laurent Mauron wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks for the detailed explanations. I checked the Ant documentation and
>>>am very impressed. I thought Ant was just a 'make'-like tool.
>>>
>>>I plan to deploy an offline version of Cocoon in a first phase and a
>>>CocoonTask as you describe might be exactly what I need to for the
>>>integration part.
>>>

>>Me too. I'm about to use it on a site. Have Apache serve the static
>>stuff, and Tomcat serve the dynamic stuff, and the Ant task run every
>>night as a cron job to refresh the static content.
>>

>>>I am quite excited about this new component to say the least.
>>>

>>Me too. I'm surprised about how much it seems to change the feel of
>>Cocoon's offline functionality.
>>

>All this sound very nice. Will Forrest use this new stuff for offline
>generation? As usual, some samples would be great in this area.

Forrest was one of the main users I had in mind when I created it. I'm
just waiting for someone to change the Forrest build scripts to use the
CoconTask instead of a <java> one.

I don't particularly know or use Forrest, and therefore don't want
to/don't feel able to do that job myself.

If you are interested, I can send you a sample build file.

Regards, Upayavira