cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject code ethics on js-java integration
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:43:23 GMT
Yo people,

after the recent introduction of the WoodyPipelineConfig object, I am
tempted to change the line 125 in woody2.js

see:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascript/woody2.js?rev=1.3&view=auto
for:    bizData["woody-form"] = this.form;

towards:

bizData[Packages.org.apache.cocoon.woody.transformation.WoodyPipelineConfig.WOODY_FORM]
= this.form;

this is a natural reflex from pure Java land, but I'm left to doubth now
it this kind of more tight integration is desirable into the js-area?

conceptually I only see benefits in doing so ATM, but maybe there are
some other considerations that I'm missing? (e.g. performance penalty?
lack of cross language refactoring tools? ...)

regards,
-marc=