cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [cforms|important] changed semantics on all binding elements.
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:04:46 GMT
Sylvain wrote:

> Marc Portier wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Specially for those working on cvs-head
>>
>> I just did a commit on the woody-binding stuff that introduces an
>> attribute @direction on each binding element.
>>
>> The value of the attribute should be one of 'both'(default), 'load' or
>> 'save' and naturally indicates which binding-directions are active on
>> the given binding-elements.
>>
>> Important thing to note is that two bindings: wb:value and
>> wb:javascript already had some @readonly setting that is now no longer
>> supported.
>>
>> After doing an update you will need to change your binding files so
>> the possible use of @readonly="true" on these elements gets replaced
>> by @direction="load"
>

> Haven't checked if it's already done, but it would be good to raise an
> error if the "read-only" attribute is present, so that users are forced
> to upgrade to the new syntax.

good idea!

I slipped in this with yesterdays commit
however, yesterday-night, I noticed that there has been some missing
consistency in the attributenames:

wb:value/@readonly
wb:javascript/@read-only

I'm fixing to include a warning for both as we speak...

Just a question: I added a TODO-comment about eventually removing those
checks again, any opinions on a reasonable time for having them?

regards,
-marc=