cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Permanently redirect from flow
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:44:24 GMT
Frank Taffelt wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Currently the sitemap redirect supports 2 redirect methods (temporarily and
>permanently). It would be nice if the flow also support these 2 methods when
>redirecting. currently the flow redirect is an temporarily redirect.
>
>background: Apache mod_proxy doesn't seem to like to rewrite the HTTP
>Location header for temporarily redirects.
>
>What do you think?

I have no problem with this. Can you suggest how you would do it? Have
you looked into the code to see how it could be implemented?

I think there are many occasions when temporary 302(?) redirects are
used when permanent 301(?) redirects should be used instead. This is
usually because the web framework doesn't know about permanent ones.

Regards, Upayavira