cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <...@babelobjects.com>
Subject Client side validation
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:13:28 GMT
I started a hack to make client side validation.

Basically, I add a wd:validation just under wd:field. I would like to
use the one in the wd:datatype but I don't  know how to access it :
woody transformer makes it disappear. Then I transform it with a hack in
woody-field-styling that builds javascript  like javascript struts (almost).

I use the widgets' definition file like a widgets repository that have
invariant constraints. Why is there a required attribute in the
definition ? That links the repository to the form. Idem with binding
information.

Why not use a widgets repository, that contains invariant information
only, and forms definition that expresses specific binding and
constraints for each form ?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

--

Jean-Christophe Kermagoret
jck@BabelObjects.Com