cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Accessing cache validities from flow
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:54:38 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> Christian Haul wrote:

>>Still, there is a problem to solve: Which is the right point
>>for the decision to use the cache?
>>Will the pipeline be
>>assembled and all components have their setup method called
>>or is the validity checked first?
>>Should actions and
>>selectors execute? (probably yes because a different set of
>>components could make up the pipeline) Should setup() be
>>called? (probably no)
>
> Don't know if I am reading you correctly. To me the problem to solve is
> where the cache strategy is defined. Or how to overide it in a case such
> as event caching.

Yes, and the consequences for the pipeline assemblance. Eg if the cache
strategy is defined at pipeline level, will the pipeline be assembled
and eg actions executed before using the cached response? (don't think
so) If the strategy is defined on component level eg using decorators or
wrappers, should the pipeline be assembled and actions executed? (I
believe so)

There is currently a expires pipeline in scratchpad. How does it do it?

(note: I haven't dived far enough into the caching system to do more
than babble about this. Still I'm interested and hope to find more time
for this :-)

	Chris.