cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: ClassCastException for Postgres datasource in Generator
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:58:37 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Harald Wehr dijo:
>

>>Thanks for your fast answer. I tested your hints but that didn't help.
>>Nevertheless there is an interesting debug output. If I call
>>conn.getClass().getName() to the connection I get from the pool, the
>>output is:
>>------------
>>$Proxy4
>>------------
>>
>>while the connection from the manual building gives:
>>------------
>>org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection
>>------------
>>
>>Do you have any hints on that?
>>

>It is normal. Every conection has a name  in this case it is $Proxy4.

Antonio,

 From the context of Bertrand's email, "$Proxy4" is output of
getClass().getName(), so it never can be a connection name, it is
*class* name. Classnames such is these are given to the proxies, which
are dynamically generated by the excalibur.

Now, I don't know why ClassCastException is happening, but I seen those,
and usually it can be fixed by either extending component class from
Component, or by using ServiceManager.

So, to answer Harald's question, he should use Serviceable instead of
Composable, and may be file a bug against avalon excalibur component
manager (Carsten? any info on this?)

Vadim