cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@otego.com>
Subject Re: Status of 2.2 - Continuing?
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:04:12 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>whats the current status regarding the tree processor in 2.2?
>>
>>As the tree processor is the central component that is
>>required to run cocoon and as we currently just can't start
>>2.2 to test/implement anything else, I think we should see
>>that we get a runnable 2.2 asap.
>>
>>What do you think about just installing the tree processor from 2.1?
>>This version should work in 2.2 and while someone is
>>concentrating on the treeprocessor for 2.2, all others can
>>start with whatever they want (e.g. blocks).
>>

> I was planning on working on the tree processor for 2.2 next week and
> during the holidays. I've been extremely busy at work for the past few
> weeks (am in the office right now) but this will be over after
> tomorrow's deadline.
>
> I don't know how long it's going to take me to get the tree processor
> into a workable state. The changes that need to be made are extensive so
> there will be a test period after things start to work as well. I'd say,
> I'll probably be able to put in enough time to get it working over Xmas.
>
> I'm +1 on your proposal of installing the tree processor from 2.1 if you
> think this will get you started on blocks sooner than that. Else I'd
> advise to wait a little bit more. If we do revert to 2.1 tree processor
> we will need to move the work I have been doing componentized tree
> processor over to a different package.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan, so +1 to give time until next year (sound like
a looong period :-) If we can't manage to amke it run until than we
could move it to another package and reinstantiate the 2.1 treeprocessor
instead.

--
Otego AG                                  Tel:   +41 (0)1  240 00 55
Giacomo Pati, CTO                         Mobile:+41 (0)79 262 21 04