cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Strange db directory
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 03:12:00 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> <snip/>

>>> I'm totally unaware of how xmldb works, but isn't there an
>>> equivalent as JDBC's DriverManager.getConnection(String, Properties)
>>> where the properties parameter could hold db-specific configurations?
>>

>> Hmmm... There is setProperty() on Database... I guess I'll have to
>> make use of it...
>

> So we can envision these properties to be fetched from the
> SourceFactory configuration in cocoon.xconf.

That's good idea. But I'm lost at how to construct the value for the
property. It can not be relative... because current working directory is
not known. And it can not be absolute. And there is no any dynamically
expandable token which would point to, say, context root... Suggestions?

PS As a shortcut I can set a system property in cocoon.[bat|sh]

Vadim