cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <>
Subject Writing custom Serializer that accepts parameters?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:26:04 GMT
Is it possible to write a custom serializer that accepts sitemap parameters?

For example, if I had a serializer set to the type "mySerializer", I want to
do this in a sitemap:

<map:serializer type="mySerializer">
	<map:parameter name="someName" value="someValue"/>

I've tried to make my custom serializer class implement Parameterizable, and
the parameterize() method is called, but then when I try to get a parameter

	parameters.getParameter( "someName" );

it throws a ParameterException which says:  "The parameter 'someName' does
not contain a value".

Andrzej Jan Taramina