cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@saafe.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] Interest in unified code convention
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:00:53 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> As we discussed in the other "Whitepace" thread [1] there are
> many issues with this, so we need to tread carefully. Imagine
> that someone was doing major work on a certain component. When
> they do a 'cvs update' then they would get massive cvs conflicts.
 > [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106843997700002

This may have been suggested previously, I didn't check the thread
(sorry, but I think it is important enough to say again anyway).

Because of this issue it is important *not* to format code as it goes
into CVS. However, how about formatting code once a code freeze is in
place for a release. In the vast majority of cases there will be no
*major* work going on across a release, if there is then roll back on
the required files.

All developers should update their files after a release anyway so they
should all have the newly formatted code.

Have I missed something?

Ross