cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.0 broken by XindiceEmbedded
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:58:50 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10 Dec 2003, at 02:41, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> And to answer on your another email, even if xindice 1.1 final is
>> released, it still won't talk to xindice 1.0. So, what would you do
>> in this case?
>

> When xindice 1.1 final is released, we have a valid reason to include
> it in Cocoon. However, I get the impression that a 1.1 release is not
> very likely in the next 6 months or so. What we've done is break the
> ability to use the existing release with Cocoon, which is bad.
>
> It also seems like conflicts with Xalan mean that xindice 1.1 won't
> work in Cocoon anyway.

Xindice works with embed driver, so I don't understand why xmlrpc will
not work. I've not tested it yet, but I'll come to it too. (are you sure
that the problem is with xalan, not xerces?)

> Is there any reason why we shouldn't put the 1.1 stuff on hold?

I'm working on set of xindice samples. Obviously, this will not be
possible with 1.0 as it does not has embed driver, only remote one. And
time to 1.1 release will depend on success of those samples.

> Or maybe split xmldb into xmldb, xmldb-xindice-1.0, xmldb-xindice-1.1 ?

-1. It is not *that* hard to replace xindice jar file with the version
you need.

Vadim