cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.0 broken by XindiceEmbedded
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:44:14 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Andrew Savory wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 9 Dec 2003, at 21:37, Upayavira wrote:
>>
>>> Have you got xmlrpc.jar included in your WEB-INF/lib? I had this
>>> prob earlier today, and adding that jar fixed it.
>>
>> That solves the xmlrpc problem, but cocoon is not able to find my
>> xindice server now:
>>
>>     Collection xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/ not found
>
> Because xindice 1.1 uses xmlrpc as communiction protocol with
> xindice:/ subprotocol, while xindice 1.0 uses CORBA, so this is
> expected too.

But I use:
 xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/xindice/db/tuneballoon/music/
with xindice 1.1b1 mounted at /xindice, but I don't get a collection
back. What URI should I be using? I'm using the XMLRPC client class, not
the XMLDBSource.

Also, Xindice1.1 has only been tested with Xalan 2.4. We've got 2.6 with
which it doesn't work (contains doesn't work). How do you use it in
embedded mode without Xalan/Xindice problems?

> And to answer on your another email, even if xindice 1.1 final is
> released, it still won't talk to xindice 1.0. So, what would you do in
> this case?

Regards, Upayavira