cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [OT] Mac Laptops
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:07:32 GMT
I would've gotten one of these a few months ago, but decided on a winxp
instead because i wasn't sure about its "standard office compatibility".
I mean can you easily link up to an exchange server? See windows file
servers, mount windows directories, open/edit/save m$-office word and
excel files (and all this without recompiling kernel, configure samba,
edit config files or *purchase* add-on software).

Any real-life experience to be shared? Can one survive with these things
when getting dumped in an all microsoft office environment? I don't want
to beg for pdfs all the time when word-docs are being sent around.

Taking this even further off-topic, sorry.
Jorg