cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Mac Laptops
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:29:46 GMT
John Morrison wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry for the off topic posting, but I've been thinking about
> upgrading my laptop and you guys have been saying how good
> the modern Macs are :)
>
> I was wondering if you'd tell me which Mac you have and
> whether you'd buy one again :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> J.
>
> PS, I've never owned a Mac before.
> PPS, if you want to email me about this off list; that's
> fine too :)

If you are intent on doing this I would wait until the laptops come with
a g5. They are very nice looking from a fashion victim point of view.
And the video chat looks pretty interesting (though I would not get a
.mac account). Sound and video simply sounds and looks much on a mac.
However, the support for java is a pain in the ass. You have to do it
'their way' with the jdk the ship and update. They do not support 1.4.2.
I switch between osx, windows and linux. Windows is always the easiest
for me with regard to java.

best,
-Rob