cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: CocoonForms server sizing?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:20:59 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 12:33, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Bruno Dumon wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 12:24, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>>There's also another problem: the store used to cache the stylesheets
>>>apparently tries to serialize the cached items to disk, as reported
>>>

>>Yes, and this is desirable feature, and this is done deliberately.
>>

>>>here:
>>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106969948018306&w=2
>>>
>>>just had a quick look into it, it seems that if we would set the
>>>use-persistent-cache option of the transient store to false this should
>>>be fixed. I don't know if this would be acceptable though (depends on
>>>which other components put items in that store).
>>>

>>No, I do not see why would you want to do this. Not serializable items
>>are, well, not serialized into the persistent cache.
>>

>So you're saying there's no problem?

Ummm.... I took a look at the link above day or two ago and have not
noticed any specifics, like stacktrace or something, just some
observation on how store works. And yes, it is works this way.

The only problem might be is when you try to serialize an object, which
is marked as serializable, but it has references to non-serializable
objects. But then, it looks to me like the problem with the object -- it
should not implement serializable in the first place, and then store
will work just fine.

Do I miss something? (I can't check this link above right know, as I'm
on the train :-/ )

Vadim