cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:18:58 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> If relevant, I've started extending the MountTableMatcher to include
>> the code from the host selector. This means that you can set up
>> virtual hosts in the matchtable.xml file, and have sitemaps mounted
>> based upon hostname.
>

> Mmmh... is it good to mix prefix-based and host-based mounts in a
> single matcher?

Don't know/don't mind. I'd be happy to have a HostTableMatcher that
extends/works with the MountTableMatcher. My desire/need is to see a
system that enables me to do host based matching. I could happily have:
<map:match type="host-table">
</map:match>
<map:match type="mount-table">
</map:match>

Thus achieving the same effect, and perhaps more cleanly.

Thoughts? In which case, should the MountTableMatcher be
PrefixTableMatcher? Or PrefixMountTableMatcher and
HostMountTableMatcher? Hmm.

Regards, Upayavira