cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <>
Subject Re: [cforms] New Repeater Binding Semantics (was Re: CocoonForms simple-repeater binding sample?)
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:58:27 GMT

Timothy Larson wrote:

>>Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip />

>>>So what about adding this into the AbstractJXPathBinding: if the object
>>>passed to load/save is a Node, then add the DOMFactory automatically.
> I had not looked into that technique, but if we add on-insert-row to the
> simple repeater then it seems to solve itself because insert-node registers
> a factory.

Just for completeness, there is a subtle difference:

The DOMFactory utility will dynamically create any XML paths as required
by jxpath's createPath statement, but actually limited to only those

A nested insert-node or insert-bean will indeed register a dedicated
factory (anonymous inner class inside those bindings).  For insert-node
that factory will do more then the minimum: it will copy-clone the
nested XML 'template' of the declared binding into the target back-end XML.

But as said, we surely would need to check up on the registration of
these not to overwrite/hide each other? Although I'm hoping the jxpath
context would nicely scope things according to nesting level?

Marc Portier
Read my weblog at

View raw message